:hello:

Everything that I see, like and react to, listed. If you're inspired by anything or see something that should be on the site please email me and let me know.


:links:

beinghunted
PSFK
josh rubin
urban spy
del.icio.us
flickr
agenda Inc
webRepublic
craiglist
technorati
theCorporateBlog
My del.icio.us
Russell Davies
Trendhunter BA
Life in the Middle
Henry Lambert
contact H

XML/atom


:psfk feed:







American Apparel

This lunchtime I popped out for a quick field visit at the American Apparel store that has opened on Carnaby Street. The store has a subtle 80s feel to it gone are the ubiquitous LCD screens of most high streets and in their place we have early 80s looking monitors. The clothing is a minimal version of Gap - all the garments are made from cotton and have a real athletic summery feel to them. The cut of the garments seem to enhance the figure rather than engulf it as most American brands tend to do.

Not only great clothes but they have an ethical dimension too. All the clothes are made in the US and do not employ sweatshop labour. In addition, they stock a Sustainable range made from organic cotton.

American Apparel is a welcome addition to London's shopping and having booked my summer holiday I will be spending a good deal of money there to get fully kitted out.
www.americanapparel.net
Tags: